|Making Itty Bitty Book stands with Ché Phoenix - he's a great helper!|
When ever I'm feeling overwhelmed I talk it out with Al and we make a new plan, tweak our routine a bit to make time for what ever it is I feel like I need more time for. We are beginning to realise that for us, time management is a necessity and I'm starting to feel like I am doing all of the above now.
|Keeping fit on a family hike in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains, County Down|
Here's how we make time for it all, we've found you have to MAKE the time, it's never just spare, waiting to be used :)
- Up each day at 7am and we both work on The Itty Bitty Book Company for 2 hours before Ché Phoenix wakes up and then we have family breakfast :)
- During the days we alternate 'baby duty' so while he's awake at least one of us is fully focused on him, giving him the attention he needs :) During this time who ever is with him gets things like washing and odd jobs around the house/garden done.
- Monday mornings (after our 2 hours work) we head out to a local cafe and have a weekly strategy meeting, chatting about how last week went and what each of us needs to get done/focus on this week, we write lists and drink tea basically! Then while I'm at my mums and babes group Al works in the cafe.
- Tuesday and Thursday 9.30-12.30 I have computer time to blog etc and Al's on 'baby duty'
- Wednesday we head into town (after our 2 hours work) and while I'm at our baby sensory class with Ché Phoenix Al goes to the gym.
- Friday I'm on 'baby duty' all day so Al can work.
- Saturday and Sunday are family days where we go hiking, do gardening, see friends and family etc. On our day trips out we always see if there are any markets or gift shops to stop in on as well for The Itty Bitty Book Company so we hit 2 birds with one stone there.
- Our work day ends between 5.30 and 6, we cook healthy fresh meals together as a family every night and eat together.
- Ché Phoenix is mostly asleep for the night by 9 and us by 10.30
- Some evenings I go out walking with my friends and Ché (catch up time and exercise time), other times I bake or we just chill and watch a movie or something :)
Since writing this post about practicing what we preach we have been so pro-active in making sure we are living our dreams, making sure we are reaching our goals and it's easier than you think, you just need to set aside time to work on your dreams, every single day!
How do you fit in the important things when you think you have no time?