Spur of the moment adventure!

ROAD TRIIIIIIP!

On sunday I had planned to do some housework and gardening, Al was going to finish some design projects but the sun was out and when we got up we just felt like an adventure. So we made up a flask of tea, wrapped up Ché Phoenix and headed off for the day on a mini road trip :) 


As soon as we got in the car I knew it was the best idea, we love road tripping and it felt really naughty to blow off the sensible day plan and just go. The feelings sort of like getting a luxurious bubble bath at 2pm on a tuesday or getting breakfast then going back to bed just for cuddles! It makes me feel like a cheeky kid again, carefree and giggly!

The other thing about getting away from your day to day life and your familiar surroundings is that you seem to talk about different things. We find we always end up having really interesting chats, deeper and more philosophical or just random silly conversations that end in sore stomach muscles! On sunday we ended up working on ideas for my Itty Bitty Book Company and had some brilliant break through moments. Just great :)

We drove to the coast at Newcastle, it's a gorgeous drive through County Down, rolling hills, cute cottages and the Mourne mountains in the distance, covered in snow. By the time we got to Newcastle the wind was icy and the clouds had rolled in so you could only see the base of the mountains but somehow that just made them look bigger and more mysterious! We don't believe in bad weather, just bad preparation so we walked the prom anyway.




After a lovely lunch and brisk walk we heading home the long way, on the tiny winding roads along the coast. We stopped at Tyrella beach which is stunning but since it was so cold and baby boy was sleeping soundly in his car seat we didn't stay long, I just jumped out and filled a bag with seaweed for the garden (we make awesome fertilizer with it, I'll link up to Al's post when he writes up the DIY for his ChilliNinja blog).




So all in all it was a really fun and productive family day. Since getting back I've felt all energised, excited about my projects and back on track mentally, a wee road trip adventure clears my cob webs that's for sure :)

11 comments:

  1. I should do that too. I've been feeling like going on some unplanned escapade. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh do it! spontaneity is too rare i think! x

      Delete
  2. We love going on road trip adventures, the chn call out a direction as I head to junctions we never know where we will end up!
    I'm looking forward to hearing about how to use the seaweed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a cool idea, must remember that for when Ché Phoenix gets older! x

      Delete
    2. it is so much fun, we have found some amazing places doing this :-)

      Delete
  3. It's good to have a change of scene, it does wonders for the soul. Good on you! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a deserted beach...a perfect day out!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think next time we'll walk it for sure, was just too cold and windy and we were all a bit under dressed lol x

      Delete
  5. That's so cool! I wish I could be more carefree...I'm one of those annoying people that usually has to have the house cleaned before I do anything or it will play on my mind until I do it! Love wee family days out though they are the best :) Will have to hit that beach soon, we went last year with Caitlin and she had a blast, its a lovely spot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha its funny how different me and you are yet we get on so well! yea that beach is awesome and so quiet too :) x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...