Smiles for lots of reasons -
- New funky glasses that I love!
- Sun was out, on Saturday so we could enjoy it together.
- I was wearing my Ireland top that I altered myself, it used to be one of Al's back in the day but now I wear it with pride, 2 years to go till I'll have an Irish passport WOOP :)
- We planted loads of seeds to fill up our wee greenhouse, peas, silverbeet, lettuce, rocket, turnips, broccoli, sunflowers, courgette, cucumbers and more chillis.
- The smell of baking banana bread was floating out our kitchen window to us!
- Our spuds are growing really well in the tyres, we've already added a full tyre of soil to each of them, our ones in the drills are not quite up yet but we did plant them late...
- Lastly, I always smile when I watch Al gardening, only a few years ago he was a total beginner but really keen and interested. He had grown spuds and peas at home with his dad as a young child and that was it, now I think he's overtaking me on the knowledge front! I love that vegetable gardening is a passion and a hobby we now share, for us spending the day together in our garden, talking laughing and planting is pure bliss :)